Bolotho Barns is a pair of barn renovations situated around a courtyard in a farm setting and is reached down a farm drive of about half a mile. It is located in the hamlet of Killiow near to the villages of Kea, Carnon Downs and Playing Place. Both barns are single-storey. Both barns have oak flooring throughout with tiles in the bathrooms. Furniture is all moveable and non-feather.
Disabled and infirm guests
Please note that Bramblings is not suitable for disabled or infirm guests unable to stand on a chair to climb through the ground floor bedroom window in the event of a fire.
- We have an extensive website with photographs of all the rooms.
- Bookings/enquiries can made directly from the website, via email, telephone or letter.
- All guests are provided with written directions.
- The nearest bus stop is 1 mile away at Playing Place.
- The nearest train station is 3 miles away in Truro.
- The nearest Disabled Toilet is in Truro at the bottom of Lemon Street 3 miles away (no RADAR scheme in Truro).
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The entrance drive is a farm track and has an uneven surface. Please drive slowly.
- There is car parking available next to each barn in the courtyard.
- The main entrance for both barns is straight from the courtyard.
- Skylarks has 1 granite step at the entrance which is 10cm high and 95cm wide.
- Skylarks front door is 94cm x 177cm with the hinge on the right. The keyhole is 87cm high.
- Bramblings front door is 81cm x 197cm with the hinge on the left. The keyhole is 102cm high.
Dining Room & Sitting Room
- Skylarks door from entrance hall to open-plan kitchen/dining room lounge is 90cm x 185cm.
- Bramblings door from sitting room to kitchen/dining room is 74cm x 197cm.
- Bramblings – The sitting room contains a large sofa, coffee table, side table and fitted shelving incorporating the television, blue-ray player and ipod dock.
- Skylarks – The sitting room area contains a large sofa, coffee table, side table, small cupboard and media unit incorporating the television, blue-ray player and ipod dock. The boiler cupboard is in this room.
- Skylarks – A cupboard containing a stacked washing machine and tumbledryer is located off the hall. There is a drying rack and pegs.
- Bramblings – A cupboard containing a stacked washing machine and tumbledryer is located off the kitchen. There is a drying rack and pegs.
- Skylarks – There is a patio adjacent to the barn reached from the front door. The patio is paved. There is patio furniture and a barbecue.
- Bramblings – There is a patio behind the barn reached from the French windows in the sitting room. The patio is paved and has one gravelled area. There are 2 small steps between levels of 8cm height each. There is patio furniture and a barbecue.
- Field – Guests can walk around our field and woods. The surface may be uneven and the field slopes particularly in the lower section. The woods are wild and have very rough ground and changes of level.
- Skylarks – Door is 76cm x 198cm.
- Bramblings – Door is 76cm x 197cm.
- 5 foot kingsize bed with 500 count cotton bedding and nonfeather duvets/pillows. There are bedside lights to each side.
- Skylarks – The spaces to each side of the bed are 67cm and 80cm wide.
- Bramblings – The spaces to each side of the bed are 52cm and 63 cm wide.
- Bramblings has an en-suite bathroom.
- Skylarks bathroom is located off the hall.
- Skylarks – Door is 76cm x 193cm.
- Bramblings – Door is 75cm x 197cm.
- Bramblings – The boiler cupboard is in the bathroom.
- Toilet seat height 42cm.
- Skylarks – Washbasin height 84cm
- Bramblings – Washbasin height 88cm
- Bath is 170cm x 76cm and 61cm high
- Shower is walk-in style with an opening 54cm wide
- Worktop, hob and sink height is 92cm
- Skylarks width from wall to kitchen peninsula section is 131cm
- Cooker is freestanding with drop down oven door below hob height
- Fridge, freezer and dishwasher are under-counter height
- Information folder is provided in size 14 font
- The barns are non-smoking
- Dogs are not allowed
- Mobile phone reception is patchy inside the barns but good from the field
We have recently opened and will be reviewing quality and service to ensure high standards are maintained.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please call in on us, phone 01872 857796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .